sábado, 16 de junio de 2012

Lesson Plan

                                                                       Daily Routines

Level: Beginners

Aim: at the end of the class the students will be able to share some information about their daily routines with their partners.

New Vocabulary

 Wash my hands                           Wash my face                    Wake up                   Eat breakfast
Get dressed                                   Comb my hair                   Have lunch                Go to bed


WARM UP 

Simon says
 How to play:  1 player takes the role of 'Simon' and issues instructions (usually physical actions such as jump or stick out your tongue) to the other players, which should only be followed if prefaced with the phrase 'Simple Simon says', for example 'Simon says jump. Players are eliminated from the game if they follow instructions that are not imediatelly followed by the phrase 'Simple Simon says'.

PRESENTATION

- The teacher explans the studetns that they are going to learn about daily routines.
- The teacher show the students a picture about the daily routines.
- The teacher pronounce the phrases several times and asks the students to repeat too.

                   
                                    

PRACTICE

LISTENING SKILL

- As the studnets learned the new phrases, the teachers asks the students to pay attention.
- The teacher explains the students that they are going to listen a song
- The teacher motivates the studets to listen and recognize the phrases.

Listen the following song about Daily Routines.




READING SKILL

- Now the teacher shares to the students a hand out with a text on it.
- The teacher asks the studets to read the text and complete the task.
                                             

Ben writes about his afternoons. Read the text
Three times a week I stay at school in the afternoon because I have football training (on Mondays and Thursdays) and on Fridays I have Music Club. I have lunch at the school canteen and then I go to our library and I do my homework. After my extracurricular activities I go home. It takes me about ten minutes to get home by bus. Before dinner I usually have a shower and watch my favourite TV series. I always have dinner with my family. Then I play on the computer, listen to music or read. I never go to bed late.
Put the sentences together
1. Ben stays at school in the afternoon  Music Club.
2. On Fridays he has  on Mondays and Thursdays.
3. I have lunch  before his extracurricular activities.
4. I have football training  after  his extracurricular activities.
5. He does his homework  three times a week.
6. he goes home  at the school canteen.

 PRODUCTION

SPEAKING SKILL

- The teacher asks the students to draw a picture about their own daily routines.
- Later, the teacher asks the students to work in pairs.
- The teacher explains the students have to talk about their daily routines.

Example:




WRITING

- In this stage, the teacher asks the students to write a little composition.
- The teacher asks the students to use partner's information.
- The teacher writes some key words in the board to help student's comprehension.

Example:

Juan wake up at 7 o'clock. In the morning, Juan eat the break fast...........


Final Project.

- The teacher gives the students a hand out and asks them to complete the task in their homes.

















1 comentario: